Tuesday 15 February 2011

A tale of two kittens

I am currently awaiting news of a very sick kitten I took to one of the Nine Lives vets last week. I found the little black bag of bones in Anafiotika, sitting in the middle of the path with it's eyes glued shut with nasty green goo, and the same sticky substance around its nose and mouth. I called Eleni, president of the charity and she came to the rescue almost immediately with a basket for me to get the poor kitty to the vet in.
Last I heard the little kitten wasn't eating much but has turned very wild, needing to be sedated before being examined or given any medicine. I'm hoping that it's a good sign that he now has enough energy to put up a fight! I will post here as soon as I am updated on his condition.

A couple of weeks previous, just a little further up the road in Anafiotika, I met a kitten in very different spirits...

The little black and orange girl lives with many other cats and kittens in the shady courtyard of an empty taverna, complete with twisting trees, perfect for curious kittens to climb!
She scampered up and looked to be almost waiting for me to take a photo, as you can see from the picture perfect pose!

4 comments:

  1. I looove the little black and orange one! Hope the other one gets better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the poor little darling gets better and can climb trees like the little black and orange girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the kitten today, he is much better, has his eyes open and was very affectionate. He is eating more now as the vet discovered he had some bad teeth and has removed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photographs are wonderful

    ReplyDelete